June 8, 2013

Now alive, lots of new work!

  Finally getting around to posting the work I've done during the school year.
Some of the stuff I have is in traditional, and I haven't taken pictures of it yet, so this post is mostly going to be anything digital I've done.



  This is non-school related (sort of) But I discovered I could make moving sprites in photoshop.(Up top is the first one I made to test this out) This came handier in my second semester for my final project (which will be linked in here, though most everyone who would be reading this have already seen it) but this meant that I could make sprites for a friends game he was making for his own software class.
  In my second semester I had to take a motion design class, where we were taught to use inDesign. For my final project, I took what I learned above and created a whole pixel-style story. This required making every object (except text, which the discerning eye might recognize as the Minecraft text) in photoshop. I can't say how many animations I made in the end, but it was one of the best ways to self-teach inDesign, and I used a lot of great tutorials from youtube and the nets. There are still some problems with the animation I couldn't figure out how to fix in time, mostly awkward pauses and some of the animation jumping around (a problem with combining 2D and 2.5D elements together) but I don't know if I'll go back and fix those. Maybe.


  Anyway, in my first digital class they were covering illustrator, photoshop and a bit of inDesign. I kind of wish they focused more on PS, just because I'm getting rusty with it. These were done in illustrator.




  From my communications design class now. This was the final project, where we had to construct an animal out of just paper and glue. I chose the lammergeier, better known as the bearded vulture. I called her Ani, because most of her construction was done in night (all nighter) and she's currently hanging in the hallway of my school. She was showcased in the Menagerie Gallery, alongside another project I did in Anatomy which will be in the next post.


  For my com des II class our first project was a poster. It's okay, was certainly different from everyone else's haha.


  These are the final two projects in my first illustration class. The first is a poster that is supposed to convey a turn of phrase, in this case "Actions speak louder than words"
This turned out to be a difficult image for me, because I was down a week with mono, leading to a crunch time that was absolutely ridiculous. Also, I'm more into narrative illustration, and the teacher wanted something more editorial and bending my head around that took a long time. Worked out in the end though.




My final project was creating a story in four panels. I did a witch-in-training who was going out to receive her hat to become a full-fledged witch. The final panel was rushed (pretty much doing the drawing and colouring in one night, bad idea) Overall, very happy with it, and thanks to Kitu who was my model!



And, finally, non-school related illustration. My fire elementalist from GW2. Was trying to get back into using photoshop again, at least I remember some stuff. Have to do another one, since I've hit 80 and have cooler armour =)


Until next post!

No comments: